TRAININGS & WORKSHOPS
Having learned a number of lessons from our year-long pilot, ArchivesSpace is now offering community-wide, virtual training. These new offerings will be standalone, single session trainings focused on individual modules of the ArchivesSpace application.
Based on the feedback from attendees from our year-long pilot, we will be implementing the following:
- Class size will be capped at 50 participants.
- Each attendee will be provided a workbook and example exercise data to continue learning after the training.
- Training will be offered for a fee of $50/training for ArchivesSpace members and $150/training for non-members.
- Training will be recorded. Attendees will have access to the recording immediately following the training. Others will be able to access the recording from our YouTube channel at a later date.
These virtual trainings will be open to anyone using or interested in ArchivesSpace. If you qualify for the member discount, you will need to reach out to ArchivesSpaceHome@lyrasis.org to receive a member promo code before registering.
You can review all past trainings at https://archivesspace.org/using-archivesspace/training-sessions
ArchivesSpace will be offering our next community-wide training on November 9, 2022, from 12pm-3pm ET/9am-12pm PT. This training will cover import, export and report functionality in ArchivesSpace.
At the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand the data import options available within the ArchivesSpace staff user interface and how to access import templates
- Know how to import new data into ArchivesSpace using the staff user interface
- Know how to use data import functionality in the staff user interface for legacy data clean-up
- Understand the data export options available within the ArchivesSpace staff user interface
- Understand how to create custom report templates within ArchivesSpace
- Understand how to run out-of-the-box and custom reports within ArchivesSpace
This training assumes a basic understanding of archival workflows and metadata formats as well as experience navigating the staff user interface. If you plan to attend this workshop without the required background, we encourage you to review the recorded ArchivesSpace basics training available on our Getting Started webpage.
If you are interested in attending this training, you can register at https://www.lyrasis.org/ASpaceEvent.
This training is open to anyone using or interested in ArchivesSpace but ArchivesSpace members are eligible for a discount. If you qualify for the member discount, you will need to reach out to ArchivesSpaceHome@lyrasis.org to receive a member promo code before registering.
If you have any questions, please email ArchivesSpaceHome@lyrasis.org.