WHY and HOW to BECOME an RSP
Why Become an RSP?
As an open source application, ArchivesSpace is free to download and use. In addition, any organization can provide services like hosting and training to other organizations. We encourage organizations providing services to others that want to support the application's sustainability and get involved in the community to become a Registered Service Provider. Only Registered Service Providers have access to the following benefits:
- Access to the ArchivesSpace user documentation
- Access to ArchivesSpace Users Group listserv
- Ability to access ArchivesSpace Technical Support
- Eligibility to be appointed to a seat on the ArchivesSpace Technical Advisory Council
- Eligibility to attend ArchivesSpace member events
- Permission to adapt the ArchivesSpace documentation for local use and include the ArchivesSpace logo
- Ability to use the ArchivesSpace logo on your website
- Name and logo on the ArchivesSpace Registered Service Provider website
How to Become an RSP:
ArchivesSpace RSPs pay an annual fee each fiscal year (July 1-June 30). First year fees are the same for all RSPs. The annual fees in subsequent years are based on a formula that provides for a decrease in cost according to the number of ArchivesSpace member organizations the RSP is serving. Because institutional memberships also support ArchivesSpace’s sustainability, there is a benefit to Service Providers who encourage their clients to become full ArchivesSpace members. Individual members also get access to additional benefits.
The first year fee is $15,000, with pro-rated rates available for organizations joining after July 1. In successive years, the RSP annual fees can be discounted based on the percentage of organizations served by the RSP that are ArchivesSpace members. To help ensure sustainability, the discounted fee will not fall below a minimum baseline. Baseline fees are $3,000 for RSPs serving 10 organizations and $5,000 for RSPs serving more than 10 organizations.
To calculate the fee:
- Determine the percentage of organizations served that are ArchivesSpace members. (e.g., if 7 organizations are served and six are ASpace members, then 86% are members)
- Discount the $15,000 fee by that percentage. (e.g., $15,000 less 86%, or $12,900, is $2,100.)
- The fee will either be the fully discounted amount or the baseline, whichever is greater. (e.g., since the above example uses an organization serving 10 or fewer members, the fee will be the baseline of $3,000.)
If you or your organization are interested in becoming an ArchivesSpace Registered Service Provider, please contact ArchivesSpaceHome@lyrasis.org.