Mark your calendars for our fourth annual Online Forum!
Taking place March 21-22, 2022, our Online Forum will be a two-day event spanning a variety of time zones and ArchivesSpace experience levels. A schedule and information about how to register for the event will be released closer to March. Anyone who uses ArchivesSpace or is interested in ArchivesSpace is welcome to attend.
We are now accepting both session proposals and ideas for topics via our online form at https://forms.gle/8QC48JmHeSmZYEZT8. We will be reviewing proposals on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to get your proposals in early. Submissions will be closed on February 28, 2022, with final notification by March 4, 2022.
As in years past, our Online Forum will include a mix of opportunities to share and learn from each other about many different aspects of ArchivesSpace and all submissions are welcome.
The ArchivesSpace program team is particularly interested in presentations or facilitated discussions related to the following topics:
- Using ArchivesSpace in a work from home environment
- Using ArchivesSpace as a long arranger or at a small archive
- Managing paraprofessionals, students and volunteers using ArchivesSpace
- Demonstrations of workflows using different modules or features of the application
- Examples of anti-racism, anti-colonialism and redescription work being executed in ArchivesSpace
- Demonstrations of plugins or tools you’ve developed to make your work in ArchivesSpace easier
The length of the forum will be determined by what kind of program we can put together from submissions. We know that everyone is stretched thin right now and we appreciate any and all submissions.
We anticipate recording many parts of the forum, but for it to be a success we will also need as many live participants as possible. We encourage you to dip in and out of the live program as much as you can. You will no doubt “meet” a different set of colleagues each time.
We’re looking forward to a great event, with your help!
Please email us at ArchivesSpaceHome@lyrasis.org if you have any questions.