The ArchivesSpace Governance Board is seeking nominations to fill up to seven (7) vacancies on the ArchivesSpace User Advisory Council (UAC). Nominees should be presently employed at an ArchivesSpace member institution (please refer to the member list at: http://archivesspace.org/community/whos-using-archivesspace/).
The User Advisory Council (https://archivesspace.org/governance-board-and-councils#UAC) is a critical part of the ArchivesSpace community, serving as a communication conduit between ArchivesSpace governance groups and ArchivesSpace users. Some of the activities UAC is currently engaged in are:
- Advising the ArchivesSpace Governance Board and the ArchivesSpace Organizational Home on the design and delivery of services, such as community support services, technical support, documentation, training, migration, hosting, etc.
- As a joint representative of the Development Prioritization subteam, discussing and voting on ideas for software enhancements and improvements.
- As a joint representative of the Testing subteam, conducting user-centered testing of the application prior to releases and conduct ongoing usability studies as needed.
- Maintaining liaison with national and regional archives organizations.
- Maintaining and updating user documentation.
- Advocating on the usability and functionality of the software program to facilitate adoption of the program.
Nominees will be appointed to the UAC and subteams according to their ability to participate in and lead some of the activities mentioned above.
The anticipated time commitment for each appointee is expected to be two hours per week on average.
The term of service will be July 1, 2020-June 30, 2022. Each new appointee will be eligible to have their appointment renewed for an additional two-year term, i.e., July 1, 2022-June 30, 2024.
To nominate a candidate for the ArchivesSpace Technical Advisory Council, please submit this form at https://forms.gle/PTvzTXoMCkHQdNga8. The Nominating Committee will review all nominations and recommend appointments to the Governance Board for approval.
All nominations must be submitted by 9:00 p.m. EDT Friday, April 24. Please contact Christine Di Bella, ArchivesSpace Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or any member of the Nominating Committee with questions.
Thank you for your participation in this important process, which is an essential part of our identity and operations as a community-based software organization.
John Wilkin, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Chair, and Governance Board member
On behalf of the Nominating Committee members:
Lydia Tang, Michigan State University, Chair of the User Advisory Council
Maggie Hughes, Huntington Library, Chair of the Technical Advisory Council
Max Eckard, University of Michigan, representing very large membership level
Jay Trask, University of Northern Colorado, representing large membership level
Kelly Spring, East Carolina University, representing medium membership level
Courtney Tkacz, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, representing small membership level
Patrick Galligan, Rockefeller Archive Center, representing very small membership level
Christine Di Bella, (ArchivesSpace Program Manager), ex officio