The most important reason to become an ArchivesSpace General Member is to ensure the continuing development and sustainability of the application. Membership protects your significant investment of staff time and other resources by ensuring that your archives information management system will be around and continuing to meet your needs for a long time.
Membership also gives you a voice in the community, and the ability to advocate for the future direction of the application. ArchivesSpace members are eligible to serve on governance and working groups and participate in voting for development priorities.
Lastly, membership provides assistance in the use of the application. In addition to providing access to the user manual and training resources like video tutorials, it also connects you with an engaged community of ArchivesSpace users and enables you to benefit from the wide range of expertise available.
The specific benefits of ArchivesSpace General membership include:
- Eligibility to serve on the Governance Board, the User Advisory Council, and the Technical Advisory Council – the three ArchivesSpace governance groups designed to guide the development and support of both the ArchivesSpace application and community
- Ability to request feature enhancements and participate in voting and surveys of development priorities
- Eligibility to attend face-to-face and online events connecting ArchivesSpace members, including our annual Member Forum
- Access to resources that help you use the application including:
- user manual
- technical and user support
- community forums
- video tutorials and other online training resources
To enroll as an ArchivesSpace member or ask questions about membership, please contact the ArchivesSpace Program at ArchivesSpaceHome@lyrasis.org.