EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM MEMBERSHIP
ArchivesSpace welcomes the use of the ArchivesSpace application as a teaching tool by archives and library educators. To support this use, Educational Program Membership is available to archives and library educational programs at no cost.
Educational Program Membership differs from General Membership in the following ways:
- There is no charge to the educational program for ArchivesSpace membership.
- Educational Program Members are listed among the ArchivesSpace members but are designated as Educational Program Members.
- Each educational program appoints a person to be the coordinator for the membership. The coordinator serves as the point of contact with the ArchivesSpace program team and mediates use of the application and Help Center resources by students (participants) enrolled in courses offered by the program.
- The coordinator may forward to the ArchivesSpace program team any questions about using the application and application bug reports. The coordinator, as well as the participants in the program, do not have direct access to technical support or member listservs.
Educational Program Member participants:
- have access to all instructional resources in the ArchivesSpace Help Center
- are not eligible to serve in elected or appointed positions on the Governance Board, User Advisory Council, Technical Advisory Council, or working groups, except to the degree that such positions are open to non-members.
- are not subscribed to the ArchivesSpace users group list, but may access the publicly searchable listserv archives.
ArchivesSpace Educational Program membership does not include a hosted instance of ArchivesSpace. The ArchivesSpace program team can direct those who need them to some options for hosting providers.
To learn more about Educational Program Membership or to begin the enrollment process, please contact the program team at ArchivesSpaceHome@lyrasis.org.