ArchivesSpace Reports Refactored
- When: Wednesday, July 31, 2018
- Time: 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET (10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. PT)
- Where: Webinar at https://zoom.us/s/812371319
- Dial-in only option: 669-900-6833 or 646-876-9923 — Meeting ID is 812-371-319
- International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/b1wvWotqy
- No registration required. The session is limited to the first 100 participants. Please feel free to host a webinar viewing group. The webinar will be recorded and available for viewing at a later date on the ArchivesSpace YouTube channel.
- Please note: We are using Zoom Video Communications to host this webinar, taking a break from Adobe Connect temporarily. If this is your first time using Zoom, please join this Test meeting to make sure you are all set up: https://zoom.us/test
Generating reports is an essential tool to reflect on productivity and prioritize workflows. However, running reports within the ArchivesSpace staff interface has been a challenge that often produced inadequate results. Many community members have established a variety of highly technical and creative workaround to generate reports externally from the staff user interface. However, development persisted on to improve the functionalities of reports within the native application.
Jr. Software Developer Sarah Morrissey (ArchivesSpace) has focused on refactoring and improving how reports can be generated in ArchivesSpace. In this webinar, Sarah will demonstrate the improvements in reports functionalities, and also provide some insight on the technical challenges she faced.
Sarah worked in close collaboration with ArchivesSpace Technical Lead Laney McGlohon as well as the ArchivesSpace User Advisory Council Reports sub-team. The Reports sub-team advances the ArchivesSpace reports module by defining reports conceptually and technically, documenting how to use the reports module, and suggesting enhancements to the report processes. Recommendations made by the sub-team are available on the wiki: https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/101847232/Reports+Subteam+Recommendations+for+Predefined+Reports
Please feel free to bring any questions you have.
Sarah Morrissey (Jr. Software Engineer, ArchivesSpace) is a Computer Science student at Georgia Tech with a particular interest in data management. She has worked on the ArchivesSpace program team as a co-op student over the past year, working on a variety of technical projects including the Archivists’ Toolkit migration tool, the Archon migration tool, an ArchivesSpace Windows installer, and improving the reports functionalities in ArchivesSpace.
Who should attend:
Everyone interested in seeing the new reports functionalities in ArchivesSpace.
Please contact Kim at email@example.com