ArchivesSpace will be holding its fourth annual Member Forum on August 14, 2018 at the Josephine Butler Parks Center in Washington, DC. Just as in previous years, this will be a free opportunity for staff from ArchivesSpace member institutions to meet and share information with each other and the program team about all things ArchivesSpace. Registration is now open!
- Location: Josephine Butler Parks Center
- Date: August 14, 2018 (Tuesday)
- Time: 9am – 4:30pm
- Transportation: Parking & Transportation
The specifics continue to be shaped by the working group. The most current information is available on the ArchivesSpace wiki.
The specifics of the program continue to be shaped by the working group. The most current information is available on the ArchivesSpace wiki.
- Morning Program: The morning will highlight shared stories and experiences through lightning round presentations, focused discussions, and demonstrations.
- Lunch: An optional discussion section will be featured during lunch. A catered lunch will be sponsored by LYRASIS.
- Afternoon program: The afternoon will continue to highlight member experiences through continued discussions, presentations, and an opportunity for lone arrangers and archivists from smaller institutions to discover shared resources.
- Workshop: A workshop on ArchivesSnake and the API will be offered. This workshop will be limited to 25 participants. Participants of this workshop are required to bring their own laptop (not a Chromebook or tablet).
- Office hours: Informal office hours will be offered throughout the day. Please feel free to drop in. A schedule of the office hours will be posted soon.
- Reception: The day will conclude with a joint reception with Archive-It at the National Zoo’s Conservation Pavilion, from 5-7pm!
Special thanks to Atlas Systems for video recording this program.
Livestreaming information will be provided prior to the event.
PARKING & TRANSPORTATION
The Josephine Butler Parks Center is easily accessible via the following methods of transportation.
Registration, including the afternoon session poll, is now open: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/archivesspace-4th-annual-member-forum-tickets-46537118775
If you have any questions (or ideas!) related to the regional forums, feel free to email Kim at email@example.com.
Special thanks to our working group for pulling together an incredible program:
Valerie Addonizio (Johns Hopkins University)
Joanne Archer (University of Maryland)
Celia Caust-Ellenbogen (Swarthmore College)
Alicia Detelich (Yale University)
Marcella Huggard (University of Kansas)
Maggie Hughes (UCLA)
Jenny Mitchell (Louisiana State University)
John Rees (National Library of Medicine)
Madeline Sheldon (LYRASIS)
Mariella Soprano (California Institute of Technology)
Christine Kim (ArchivesSpace)